About Poly Crystalline
Polycrystalline solar is the most widely used solar cell across the globe.Polycrystalline solar panels are also referred to as “multi-crystalline,” or many-crystal silicon. Because there are many crystals in each cell, there is to less freedom for the electrons to move.It is made up ofhigh purity, polycrystalline silicon, used as a raw material by the solar photovoltaic and electronics industry. Polycrystalline solar cells can be recognized by a visible grain, a metal flake effectof blue-ish hue.
Polycrystalline solar cells were previously thought to be inferior to monocrystalline because they were slightly less efficient. However, because of the cheaper method by which they can be produced — coupled with only slightly lower efficiencies — they have now become the dominant technology on the residential solar panels market.
- Cost lesser then mono-crystalline
- Having longer life (up to 25 years)
- The amount of waste is also less on the panel itself because of the way the silicon wafers are applied to the panel.
- Slightly less efficient because of lower silicon purity
- Require a slightly larger area to output the same electrical power as you would with mono panels