About Poly Crystalline
Polycrystalline solar is the most widely used solar cell across the globe.Polycrystalline solar panels are also referred to as “multi-crystalline,” or many-crystal silicon. Because there are many crystals in each cell, there is too less freedom for the electrons to move.It is made up ofhigh purity, polycrystalline silicon, used as a raw material by the solar photovoltaic and electronics industry. Polycrystalline cells can be recognized by a visible grain, a metal flake effectof blue-ish hue.
Polycrystalline cells were previously thought to be inferior to monocrystalline because they were slightly less efficient. However, because of the cheaper method by which they can be produced — coupled with only slightly lower efficiencies — they have now become the dominant technology on the residential solar panels market.
- Cost less than mono-crystalline
- Having longer life (up to 25 years)
- The amount of waste is also less on the panel itself because of the way the silicon wafers are applied to the panel.
- Slightly less efficient because of lower silicon purity
- Require a slightly larger area to output the same electrical power as you would with mono panels